Ruffian Games Are Looking for multiple Environment Artists
Ruffian Games are a game development studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We are working on a number of - as yet - unannounced projects with some of the biggest publishers in the games industry. We’ve got some great opportunities for talented, experienced developers and right now we’re looking for 3D environment artists to help us create our game environment.
- Modelling of environment art assets in Max, including LODs
- Texture creation
- Material creation
The candidate would ideally have the following experience but that should not deter talented artists from applying if they don’t quite meet the requirements.
- Degree or diploma from Art College in Games Development, Fine Art, Design or Art related course.
- 2 years experience in the industry.
Knowledge / Skills
The candidate would ideally have the following knowledge and skills but that should not deter talented artists from applying if they don’t quite meet the requirements.
- Experience of major middleware – Unreal Engine – CryEngine or equivalent
- Excellent modelling skills, Hi-res, low res, the lot.
- Excellent texturing ability, able to create stylised as well as realistic textures.
- Experienced working with, and creating clean normal maps.
- Must have a good understanding of the latest graphics techniques.
- Good traditional art skills an advantage.
- Must be able to work well within a team.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- A keen interest in games.
How To Apply
We prefer submissions by email with links to any work samples you have available or attached with your application email.
Send your CV quoting the correct job reference ( RUFF - ART - 0052 ) to our HR Department.
If you prefer post check here for details.
Feel free to ask any questions regarding this role...