Plastic Piranha is an independent, self-funded game development company based in West Hollywood, CA. Our current project, Rekoil, has been in development for a little over a year, and is expected to ship later this year. We are constantly involved in new and exciting projects, and because of this we're growing!
Plastic Piranha is a healthy mix of on-site and remote employees, and we'd like to keep the balance. As of now, we're currently hiring two on-site and two remote-based 3D environment artists.
Plastic Piranha offers competitive salaries, benefits and vacation to its on-site employees. Remote employment has generally been handled on a contract basis. All positions are considered full-time.
3D Environment Artists are responsible for creating highly-original, next-generation game art for integration into the Unreal Engine. Environment artists are expected to closely collaborate with members of the design/production teams in order to hit the aesthetic and performance goals of each asset. Assets will most likely be realistic, "next-gen" style art, and will cover both organic and hard surface.
Qualifications: You must show a portfolio with recent (and relevant) works!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive working knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages such as Photoshop/Maya/Max (or similar).
- Passionate about games and able to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console and PC games, specifically top tier FPS titles
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Preference to Applicants With:
- Shipped-title or released-mod experience
- Experience working on a mod/title on the Unreal Engine
- B.A. (or higher), or related experience
In order to apply for these positions, send an email to careers[at]plasticpiranha[dot]com with the subject "Full Name | 3D Environment Artist (Remote)" or "Full Name | 3D Environment Artist (On-Site)" and remember to include your portfolio!